Saturday, January 3, 2009

Inspiration..part 2

***warning...this post may gross out any of you who don't have kids***

Something happened to us last night which made me immediately think of my friend Tonya and a post on her blog about three weeks ago.
The post is here:
http://raisingreign.blogspot.com/2008/12/inspiration.html

We went to dinner last night with friends. We were a little late, so when we got to our table there was a spinich and artichoke appetizer with chips on the table. Well, Jacob's favorite food is anything that can be "dipped", so he dug in. He ate so much of it, I asked the waitress to put it on our bill. I didn't taste it, but I knew it was rich because of the wonderful aroma. We had a nice dinner and Jacob was dozing off on the way home. When we got home we put on his pj's, said his prayers and he was off to sleep.

About 20 minutes later I could hear him coughing. I went in his room to check on him and he was laying in vomit. Daddy took care of the bed and I grabbed Jacob. Poor baby had it in his hair, ears (he had parsley in his ear too), and all over the back of his neck. I knew he needed a bath, but he HATES to wash his hair and I thought that may be too tramatic after what he had just been through. I cleaned him up really good, but he still smelled yucky.

Daddy scooped him up and said I'll take care of that right now. A few minutes later, Jacob came out of our bathroom and I burst out laughing. Daddy had "powdered" him down with baby powder. I don't know if he looked more like a geisha girl or a teenager acting as "grandpa" in the high school play! It did the trick, he smelled like a sweet little baby after that!

I wish I would have taken a picture!! So, Tonya, your sink bath doesn't look so bad anymore, does it?

BTW, he's feeling fine today, it must have been too much spinach and cheese!

0 comments: